At the very start of the 20th century, King Leopold II of Belgium declared that the spectacular landscape of the Alpes-Maritimes was nothing short of paradise on earth.
In 1908, in the heart of this wildly beautiful garden of Eden, the Compagnie Hôtelière des Centres de Tourisme Automobile chose this prestigious site overlooking the Mediterranean on which to build the Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat. As soon as it opened, the hotel attracted an elite international clientele. After the First World War, the guest list grew to include the likes of Presidents Deschanel and Titulesco, Princess, Queen Victoria's daughter, Louise, the Duchess of Argylland and such famous artists as Charles Boyer, Jacques Thibaud, Alfred Cortot and Marguerite Long.
The winter season grew quieter and the summer period became the peak season we know today. The Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat has been fully renovated and has won many awards for its luxury and quality of service. The Grand-Hôtel was the only establishment on the French Riviera to receive the French Ministry of Tourism's distinguished Palace label when it was first created in 2011.